Hive Autonomy AS
At Hive Autonomy, we lead the digital and autonomous transformation for logistics, enabling our customers to grow operations while driving the green shift. With advanced technologies, we revolutionize load-handling processes, making them safer, more productive, and sustainable. Our innovative solutions support customers in transitioning to digital operations and pave the way for autonomy-assisted processes across all vehicle types and brands. Located in Kristiansand, Norway, our diverse team of experts in mechatronics, AI, machine learning, software development, and ICT delivers cutting-edge technology and reliability throughout the digital transformation journey, from initial preparations to full autonomy. Together, we shape the future of autonomous load handling with a shared vision for innovation.
The primary objective of the internship is to spearhead the development of digital twins for our swarm of autonomous machines, specifically focusing on the testing of new functionalities and the implementation of virtual monitoring capabilities for the machines.
What candidates can expect:
- Gain practical experience in developing and implementing digital twin solutions for autonomous machines.
- Work closely with a skilled team of engineers and researchers in a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Contribute to the design, development, and optimization of digital twin frameworks and functionalities.
- Utilize simulation tools and techniques to create accurate virtual representations of autonomous machines.
- Explore and test new functionalities and capabilities of the digital twin environment.
- Access cutting-edge tools, technologies, and resources to support learning and professional growth.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in the field of digital twins and autonomous systems.
- Opportunity to attend relevant conferences, workshops, and industry events to expand knowledge and network.
What we expect from candidates:
- Passion and enthusiasm for digital twins, autonomous systems, and simulation technologies.
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills, preferably with experience in languages such as Python, C++, or Java.
- Familiarity with digital twin concepts, principles, and simulation tools.
- Interest in autonomous machines, robotics, or industrial automation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and interpret simulation data.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively within the engineering team.
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and take on new challenges in a fast-paced work environment.
Main objectives of the work:
- Design and develop a digital twin framework for autonomous machines.
- Implement and integrate new functionalities and features into the digital twin environment.
- Conduct testing and validation of the digital twin to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Analyze and interpret simulation data to assess the performance of the autonomous machines.
- Collaborate with the team to optimize the digital twin framework and functionalities.
- Document and present findings, results, and recommendations to the team and stakeholders.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in digital twin technologies and simulation techniques.
The majority of the internship work will take place at our location in Sørlandsparken, conveniently situated just a 30-minute bus ride, followed by a walk of less than 20 minutes away from UiA in Grimstad. Some of the work may also be conducted from UiA in Grimstad.
The results achieved during the internship can seamlessly align with the scope and requirements of a bachelor’s or master’s project description.