Hive Autonomy AS
At Hive Autonomy, we lead the digital and autonomous transformation for logistics, enabling our customers to grow operations while driving the green shift. With advanced technologies, we revolutionize load-handling processes, making them safer, more productive, and sustainable. Our innovative solutions support customers in transitioning to digital operations and pave the way for autonomy-assisted processes across all vehicle types and brands. Located in Kristiansand, Norway, our diverse team of experts in mechatronics, AI, machine learning, software development, and ICT delivers cutting-edge technology and reliability throughout the digital transformation journey, from initial preparations to full autonomy. Together, we shape the future of autonomous load handling with a shared vision for innovation.
The primary objective of the internship is to spearhead the development of a core function for our autonomous machines, focusing specifically on the operating system.
Main objectives of the work:
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the operating system for autonomous vehicles, leveraging ROS2 functionality.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and implement ROS2-based components and modules.
- Optimize the performance and efficiency of the operating system to ensure seamless integration with other autonomous vehicle systems.
- Conduct testing and debugging of the operating system to identify and resolve any issues or bugs.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the documentation of the operating system.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in ROS2 and related technologies, and apply them to enhance the operating system’s capabilities.
What students can expect:
- Gain hands-on experience in developing an operating system with a focus on ROS2 within the autonomous vehicle industry.
- Work closely with a skilled team of engineers and experts in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and optimization of the operating system for autonomous vehicles.
- Access to cutting-edge tools, technologies, and resources to support learning and professional growth.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in operating system development and robotics.
- Opportunity to attend relevant conferences, workshops, and industry events to expand knowledge and network.
What we expect from the student:
- Passion and enthusiasm for operating system development and robotics, with a particular focus on ROS2.
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills, preferably with experience in C++ and familiarity with software development processes.
- Knowledge of ROS2 and its associated libraries and frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically and creatively.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively within the engineering team.
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and take on new challenges in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
The majority of the internship work will take place at our location in Sørlandsparken, conveniently situated just a 30-minute bus ride, followed by a walk of less than 20 minutes away from UiA in Grimstad. Some of the work may also be conducted from UiA in Grimstad.
The results achieved during the internship can seamlessly align with the scope and requirements of a bachelor’s or master’s project description.