Hive Autonomy AS
At Hive Autonomy, we lead the digital and autonomous transformation for logistics, enabling our customers to grow operations while driving the green shift. With advanced technologies, we revolutionize load-handling processes, making them safer, more productive, and sustainable. Our innovative solutions support customers in transitioning to digital operations and pave the way for autonomy-assisted processes across all vehicle types and brands. Located in Kristiansand, Norway, our diverse team of experts in mechatronics, AI, machine learning, software development, and ICT delivers cutting-edge technology and reliability throughout the digital transformation journey, from initial preparations to full autonomy. Together, we shape the future of autonomous load handling with a shared vision for innovation.
The primary objective of the internship is to drive the development of assistive functions for our autonomous machines, specifically focused on segmenting and classifying objects in a mixed traffic environment.
Main objectives of the work:
- Label and verify data samples for training and testing AI classifiers and segmenters.
- Develop and implement data labeling pipelines and workflows to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the AI team to improve and fine-tune existing classifiers and segmenters.
- Generate synthetic data using virtual environments like Unity to augment the training dataset.
- Evaluate and analyze the performance of AI models through metrics and visual inspections.
- Collaborate with the team to document findings, insights, and recommendations.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in AI, computer vision, and data labeling techniques.
What students can expect:
- Gain practical experience in the field of AI, data labeling, and verification within the context of autonomous systems.
- Work closely with a skilled team of engineers and researchers in a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of classifiers and segmenters for autonomous systems.
- Utilize virtual environments like Unity for data generation and training of AI models.
- Access to cutting-edge tools, technologies, and resources to support learning and professional growth.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in AI and autonomous systems.
- Opportunity to attend relevant conferences, workshops, and industry events to expand knowledge and network.
What we expect from the student:
- Keen interest and passion for AI, machine learning, and computer vision.
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, data science, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills, preferably with experience in Python and frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Familiarity with data labeling and verification techniques for training and evaluating AI models.
- Knowledge of image segmentation and classification algorithms and their applications.
- Proficiency in using virtual environments like Unity for generating synthetic data.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to analyze and verify the accuracy of AI model outputs.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively within the robotics team.
The majority of the internship work will take place at our location in Sørlandsparken, conveniently situated just a 30-minute bus ride, followed by a walk of less than 20 minutes away from UiA in Grimstad. Some of the work may also be conducted from UiA in Grimstad.
The results achieved during the internship can seamlessly align with the scope and requirements of a bachelor’s or master’s project description.