System developer for your preferred position in the stack (frontend, backend, data processing)
Utel provides Network Monitoring & Analytics solutions to empower quality in telecom networks. Our customers are Communication Service Providers (CSPs), Network Equipment Manufacturers (NEMs), intelligence and police security services, and the military.
We deliver network insights in real-time, helping our customers to capture raw data, analyse it – and present it in a professional, easy-to-understand and intuitive way. With the data, analytics, and insights we provide, our customers can:
- Understand network performance across different domains.
- Run more efficient operations.
- Identify and resolve faults.
- Provide assurance and meet SLA/KPIs.
- Plan investment more effectively.
- Protect against threats, such as fraud.
- Reduce risk exposure and loss.
Founded in 1998, Utel is a subsidiary of Alytic, which is fully owned by Arendals Fossekompani, a green-tech industrial investment company with substantial financial capacity and decades of successful value creation.
We are a team of enthusiastic individuals, blending experience and fresh talent to create a thriving culture and working environment. We deliver solutions to operators around the world, who depend on our expertise and the outstanding support we offer.
We are growing and we want you to bring your creativity, skills, and innovations to help us. Utel’s office is in Grimstad, just down the hill from the university campus.
Utel is currently modernizing old solutions and developing brand new ones on a new platform and stack. We offer a range of project options to accommodate your preferences in terms of what part of the development stack you wish to learn more about. If you want to develop a great user experience and beautiful data visualization, join us as a front-end developer to help build our new dashboards in our new Svelte-based stack. Do you want to learn more about data processing? Help us migrate older workflows to our new Spark-cluster! Are APIs your thing? Great! We are building new ones! Join us for both the database modeling and API design.
The specific tasks can differ between choice of project, but in general you will:
- Join in on design and discussions of features relevant to your project.
- Learn about our tech stack, frameworks, tools.
- Develop features based on design sketches or behavior descriptions.
- Try writing tests for the features you are developing.
- Learn about our agile process
We expect you to:
- Be physically present in the office, especially during core working hours 09:00 – 14:00.
- Be curious and ask a lot of questions.
We hope an internship might lead to a bachelor thesis and/or job prospects!
- You are curious and eager to learn new technologies.
- Some experience in the programming language for that project. (Python, JS/TypeScript)
- Some experience in using git and debugging tools.
- Having written some tests or used a test framework is a plus!
- Fluent and comfortable with communicating in both English and Norwegian
- Possibility to learn and use a modern tech stack to build new products.
- Inclusive and helpful colleagues.
- Office location near the University. Good place to study!
- Coffee and snacks.
Please include in your application which part(s) of our stack that intrigue you in the application. A link to a GitHub account or code examples from recent university tasks/projects are most welcome too, so we can match the tasks to your skill level better.