Hive Autonomy AS
At Hive Autonomy, we lead the digital and autonomous transformation for logistics, enabling our customers to grow operations while driving the green shift. With advanced technologies, we revolutionize load-handling processes, making them safer, more productive, and sustainable. Our innovative solutions support customers in transitioning to digital operations and pave the way for autonomy-assisted processes across all vehicle types and brands. Located in Kristiansand, Norway, our diverse team of experts in mechatronics, AI, machine learning, software development, and ICT delivers cutting-edge technology and reliability throughout the digital transformation journey, from initial preparations to full autonomy. Together, we shape the future of autonomous load handling with a shared vision for innovation.
The primary objective of the internship is to drive the development of assistive technology specifically focused on accurately determining the shape and content of pallets loaded with various goods.
Main objectives of the work:
- Generate 3D models of pallets using computer vision techniques and depth sensing technologies.
- Develop algorithms for accurate segmentation of items on the pallet in the generated 3D models.
- Implement machine learning models for classifying the items on the pallet based on their characteristics.
- Integrate the 3D modeling, segmentation, and classification components into a cohesive system.
- Test and validate the performance and accuracy of the pallet and item analysis system using real-world data.
- Document and present findings, results, and recommendations to the team and stakeholders.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in computer vision, 3D modeling, and machine learning techniques.
What candidates can expect:
- Gain practical experience in generating 3D models of pallets and accurately segmenting and classifying the items on the pallet.
- Work closely with a skilled team of engineers and researchers in a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of algorithms and techniques for 3D modeling, segmentation, and classification.
- Utilize computer vision and machine learning approaches to analyze and identify the contents of the pallet.
- Access to cutting-edge tools, technologies, and resources to support learning and professional growth.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in the field of computer vision and machine learning.
- Opportunity to attend relevant conferences, workshops, and industry events to expand knowledge and network.
What we expect from candidates:
- Passion and enthusiasm for computer vision, 3D modeling, and machine learning, with a focus on pallet and item analysis.
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, mechatronics, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills, preferably with experience in Python and libraries like OpenCV and TensorFlow.
- Familiarity with computer vision techniques for 3D reconstruction, segmentation, and object detection.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms for classification tasks.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and interpret data for accurate pallet and item analysis.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively within the engineering team.
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
The majority of the internship work will take place at our location in Sørlandsparken, conveniently situated just a 30-minute bus ride, followed by a walk of less than 20 minutes away from UiA in Grimstad. Some of the work may also be conducted from UiA in Grimstad.
The results achieved during the internship can seamlessly align with the scope and requirements of a bachelor’s or master’s project description.